SPIRITUAL ECSTASY




Ecstasy- a height of emotional state where you forget everything to enjoy the fruit of enjoyment....well r u thinking of some kind of drug....no recently when i visited ISKCON,Pune with a friend of mine i noticed a different kind of ecstasy.

This ecstasy was totally different fom the usual ones we have...This ecstasy was a SPIRITUAL ECSTASY between man and the God...i was astonished to see there how man can love God so much that they get an immense pleasure in worshipping him. As I entered ISKCON I was a bit sceptical about my visit...i could see a lecture given by Shri Chaitanya Prabhu to the youth about leaving material world and chanting HARE KRISHNA and worshipping God...By the way the devotees of ISKCON call each other as Prabhu...Half-heartedly i sat to hear the lecture that spoke about the ill-effects of advertising and their influence in the society...Being a Marketing(MBA) student myself i thought like bashing him up...He spoke something about HARI stuff…I never felt like listening to him….But later I realized that he was telling the truth…but I can’t forgive him for what he talked about Advertising…

Then after a mixture of heavy and light heart I went to see the “AARTI” i.e. the Puja given to the Lord Krishna in the evening…There I experienced a complete different picture…as the aarti started all the devotees starting singing songs for Lord Krishna….Not only singing they were dancing…I have never seen such joy and excitement in any person during the Puja’s…Everyone there was experiencing a kind of personal ecstasy with Lord Krishna…they were dancing in circles, sometimes breaking it and dancing a solo dance with hands up in the air(this is a dance performed only in ISKCON)…I thought that if Lord Krishna would have really arrived in front of these devotees what would they do?....i was astonished to see the love for their LORD….In ISKCON I experienced that the people out there didn’t discriminate rather took everyone as equals…

The environment of ISKCON seemed to me like an utopian world…If I get another chance I would really love to visit this Utopian world again…..

2 comments:

summer moon said...

hi tanayesh... I totally agree that ISKCON temple's aarti is fabulous .. You should check out the aarti at Dwarkadhish temple in Dwarka. It's like a rock concert !!

Anonymous said...

so pls do visit iskcon again. Or do i have to peronally invite you verbally for coming along.

I guarantee u will enjoy. But pls no name calling the pure devotees of the lord. You may not see eye to eye with them, but pls do not insult them, not even mentally.

I will apprecite that.