BUDGET-2006 DEMYSTIFIED


I am not a economist or The Finance Minister who can find out all the Flaws or analyse the complete structure of India’s Economic Budget-2006. Well in this article, I will write down the ups and downs of the budget for me.

Every year the Budget is awaited for with lots of anticipation. This year Finance Minister P.Chidambaram declared the budget for India for the Fiscal Year 2006-07. Though this budget is an average budget with a high anticipation to take India’s GDP growth to 10%, it makes a hole in the pockets of the Common Man or the Middle Class to some extent.

1) The Service Tax has been increased from 10% to 12%--- Well that directly means whatever services I am going to take, I will have to pay extra. The Biggest downside is that I will have to shell out more money to recharge my cell phone. When BSNL is launching IndiaOne plan this is a bolt from the blue for the middle class. I was rejoicing that I will be able to call all my relatives at just Rs1 per min but alas. Now even I go to watch a movie in my fav theatre PVR I will have to spend more for a single ticket, and keeping in mind the cost of the ticket is already sky-rocketing with a single ticket costing Rs.150. And also I have to pay more to withdraw from an ATM other than my Bank. Thanks FM!!!!!

2) All important Finished goods to cost more----Well I was planning to by an I-Pod. Now even if I go ahead to buy that I think I have to pay around Rs1500 more which will take the cost to around Rs16000. Even the cost of imported cell-phones will increase and thanks now I can sell out my phone and I will get a better price however again I have to shell out more money to buy a new one. Oh!!! A Vicious Circle again.

3) Duty on Packaged Software Increased----If I want to buy some Good software now then I have to search Pallika Bazaar or Nehru Place for the Pirated ones, coz the prices of Original software are already high and adding increased Duty on it will make them beyond reach.

2 comments:

amit said...

vaise this budget does not changes anything...... a placebo kinda one... no major changes... n i was disappointed with this one

tanayesh said...

hi amit....
can u plz tell me wht was the thing u wre disapointed wth...is it the budget or my writing abt the budget