An Educational Dilemma

At 12’o’clock in the afternoon I sat in a gloomy classroom to solve a question which can make or break my life. Is the question that I was solving so important that it can decide my future. Probably not but the situation when I was solving the question made it a serious affair. Well I was in an examination hall giving my 1st Semester MBA exam.

MBA? And Exam? Doesn’t it sound very unnatural or out of the blue? If you also think so then I believe that our Education System needs restructuring. Well India might have produced geniuses and entrepreneurs which help in boasting of our education system. But does our education system really help in producing them.

Well if you think a course like MBA where managerial skills are imparted and how to take important decisions while climbing your corporate ladder is there any need of the exam? Well this can be easily judged through out the year though case studies, Presentations, Putting the student in real life situations where he has to take real life decisions. Well these do take part in B-Schools but at the end of to prove your mettle you have to sit for an exam to score major marks which plays an important part in your placements. In a course like MBA is there any need for exam…I don’t think so and I believe most of the people reading this article will also think so.

This is a high time when major restructuring of our education system be done or else it may be possible that few years down the line we will me producing a bunch of lunatics who know the only thing “rote” and not good managers from the B-Schools.

Well as a student of a reputed B-School I will give my suggestions on how to restructure our education system in the next posting after completing my so called “examinations”.

No comments: